About Me

My photo
Hi, I have set up this site in order for for people to have a place to make suggestions and have debate on the problems Ireland now faces. It is open to comment from all, the employed, the unemployed, business leaders, politicians, students, emigrants, immigrants, public and private sector workers, all of you. Anything you have to say is worthwhile, I want this to be a positive platform but I realise that's quite difficult at the moment, but even from negative comments something constructive can arise. I will only moderate nasty or offensive comments. I intend to forward the link to this site to every member of the Dail and Seanad on a regular basis, it's not much I know but it may get something started. To get peoples points across more clearly, I intend to publish Comments as posts, this I hope will generate more debate and further comment.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Conor said...

Incentivise capital.

Introduce a tax relief on new capital invested in existing or new businesses where such businesses create employment. The tax relief could be linked to the amount of employment businesses generate.
This scheme could replace the existing BES schemes.

With a bit more thought, it could be a very attractive idea to "kick start" the business sector of the economy.

The tax relief would be against all income limited to 100% of the capital invested. It could be further restricted if such capital investments weren't deemed to create any meaningful employment.

Jobs will mean increased demand, improved tax revenues, lower Govt. expenditure on welfare etc etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment