About Me

My photo
Hi, I have set up this site in order for for people to have a place to make suggestions and have debate on the problems Ireland now faces. It is open to comment from all, the employed, the unemployed, business leaders, politicians, students, emigrants, immigrants, public and private sector workers, all of you. Anything you have to say is worthwhile, I want this to be a positive platform but I realise that's quite difficult at the moment, but even from negative comments something constructive can arise. I will only moderate nasty or offensive comments. I intend to forward the link to this site to every member of the Dail and Seanad on a regular basis, it's not much I know but it may get something started. To get peoples points across more clearly, I intend to publish Comments as posts, this I hope will generate more debate and further comment.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

In response to Tim

Evert Bopp said...


OK, let me weigh in here:

1) How about a flat tax system? Everyone pays an equal share of their income towards tax & there are *no* tax deductions. This alone will create a huge savings by removing all the costs of collecting tax, tax audits etc.

2) Why? Did these people not voluntarily decide to take out one or more mortgages? What about those who decided not to get in on the property frenzy? Do they get penalised by omission?

3) Again why? What's wrong with a salary over 100k perse? Are you referring to public sector wages, private sector wages or both? Either way an absolute cap on salary levels is counter productive. Just make sure that everyone performs according to their salary level.

4) This is also unworkable. Just make those who sign of on the expenses as liable to be held responsible for fraud as the person committing the fraud.

5) The stud-fee and artist tax exemption both have to be removed. The tax exile rule needs overhaul and scrutiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment